Partner Visa – Offshore
Are you in a relationship with an Australian citizen and would like to settle in Australia?
Your eligibility to apply for a Partner Visa will depend on the circumstances of your relationship.
Minimum Eligibility requirements:
- You and your partner must both be at least 18 years old, and must not be closely related
- You and your spouse/partner must be in a mutually exclusive relationship
- The relationship must be genuine and continuing
- You and your spouse/partner must either live together, or live apart on a temporary basis only
- Must have been in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen for at least 12 months prior to lodging your application
- You must be legally married to an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Not have previously sponsored more than one other fiancé, partner or spouse for migration to Australia, and not have sponsored a fiancé, spouse or partner for migration to Australia within the last 5 years (unless there are compelling circumstances)
- Not have been sponsored for a spouse, partner or prospective marriage visa by someone else within the last 5 years (unless there are compelling circumstances)
Applying for a Partner Visa is a 2-stage process. You apply for both a temporary and permanent visa in the one application at the same time.
These are some of the basic requirements to just lodge an application.
There are many others legislative requirement that your application will be assessed against .
If you would like further information or wish to discuss your Immigration matter with us please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone on (02) 9052 4373 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.