Parent visa (Contributory Subclass 143)

If you have any children living in Australia and would like to travel and remain with them in Australia, then you may be eligible to apply through this visa category.

Your child must:

Be willing to sponsor you

Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen

Be settled in Australia (living in Australia for at least two years)

Be at least 18 years old

Visa Requirements:

Have a child who is an eligible Australian citizen, permanent resident or New Zealand citizen.

Meet the balance of family test. This requires that at least half of your children reside in Australia, or more of your children reside in Australia than in any other single country. You are not required to meet this test if you hold an eligible subclass 173 Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa.

Pay an additional contributory charge to the Australian Government immediately prior to the grant of your visa.

Please contact us to determine whether you are eligible to apply for a parent visa.