Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)

Dependent Child Visa (subclass 445)

Is you parent a temporary partner visa holder and  you would like to join them in Australia?

Below are some of the fundamental requirements that must be meet for Dependent Child Visa, although the list is not exhaustive:

The child must:

  • be a biological child, stepchild or adopted child of their visa-holding parent
  • be under 18 years old or dependent on their visa-holding parent
  • be single.




  • Sponsor must already be sponsoring the child’s parent for a permanent partner visa
  • be prepared to provide support for the child and members of their family unit included in the application.​


Parental responsibility

  • you have the written consent of each person who can legally decide where the child lives
  • the laws of the child’s home country permit the removal of the child it is consistent with any Australian child order.


Sponsor obligations

The sponsor you must be willing to provide support for the child members of their family unit included in the application.

This means you must:

  • provide adequate accommodation and enough financial support to meet the child’s reasonable living needs for the child’s first two years in Australia
  • help the child settle in Australia
  • be responsible for the costs to the Australian Government that the child might incur while living in Australia
  • support the child to attend any required English language classes.
  • meet certain character requirements


Visa validity period

This visa is valid until a decision is made on the parent’s permanent Partner, Spouse or Interdependency visa application, or until the parent’s visa application is withdrawn

Please feel free to contact us and we will quote you the best possible price to carry out your work. Each case is unique and the work involved differs case to case, and accordingly we quote our price to our clients.

Visa Enquiry Form