Child visa (subclass 101)
Do you have your child overseas that you wish to sponsor to Australia?
Basic requirement to be met by visa applicant:
- Sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner (biological child or adopted child of the sponsoring parent; or
- a step child who has not turned 18 of a step-parent who is no longer the partner of the child’s parent but has a legal responsibility to care for the child.
- Younger than 18 years of age, or:
- A full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
- The only exception to the age limit and full-time student requirement is where the child has a disability that stops them from working.
- Visa applicant can include their own dependent children in this application, must have *parental court order from other legal parent.
- Must meet health criteria
- Child applicant over 18 years of age must obtain meet character requirements
Applicant can only be sponsored by an eligible parent. To be considered an eligible parent, they must be the parent (or their partner), or step-parent of the child, be over the age of 18, and be a settled Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
WHAT STEPS SHOULD I TAKE TO APPLY FOR A SUBCLASS 101 VISA?
At Oz Migration Services we make the process of applying for visas straightforward.
Our experienced migration agent will work with you every step of the way and have devised a step-by-step process to ensure your application is processed as fast as possible.
Book a free consultation with our expert agent, where we will assess and advise you on the Australian visa option that best suits you!